- National Chairman of the Sierra Club Wilderness Committee presents to the Cincy Audubon Society
- Kings Run Sewer Overflow Update from MSDGC
- Annual Picnic Sunday August 10th
- Newtown pans “new SR 32 route”
- Citizens Hearing
- The Emerging Clean Energy Edge
- New Stormwater Separation Policy Sewer District of Greater Cincinnati passes !
- Sierra Club distributed 100 rain barrels this spring!
- EarthSpirit Rising
- Call for nominations for ExCom
Posted on June 6th, 2014
Conservation Program Coordinator
One year, Part-Time/20 hours per week with benefits, Cincinnati, Ohio
The Sierra Club, the nation’s oldest, largest, and most influential grassroots environmental organization, is seeking a dedicated, and skilled individual who can take initiative to fulfill the role of Conservation Program Coordinator for the Ohio Chapter’s Miami Group.
This job includes engaging and educating community members around restoring and protecting our rivers and promoting sustainable transportation. Responsibilities include organizing water monitoring, awareness events, community organizing and service outings, updating websites and recruiting volunteers.
Interested candidates should have BA/BS degree or work in a non-profit or experience in recruiting and working with volunteers. Candidates should have excellent written and oral communications skills, knowledge of environmental issues, computer skills including social media and website updating, demonstrated ability to work effectively with volunteers and mobilize community activism. Some fundraising experience is helpful. Work hour flexibility (evenings and weekends) and own transportation is necessary.
Job Activities include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with coalition building, issue research, and event planning
- Water monitoring
- Updating website and social media accounts regularly
- Creating flyers, brochures, post cards, and educational materials
- Writing newsletter articles and press releases
- Presenting to community, political, and governmental bodies
- Recruiting new members, volunteers, and leaders
- Ability to work evenings and some weekend hours
- Valid driver’s license, satisfactory driving record, and own transportation required
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite, social media networking, and web-based content management systems.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Funding is currently available for 1 year but may be extended. To apply, submit cover letter and resume to Marilyn Wall (email@example.com). Review of applications will begin on or before June 20, 2014 and continue until the position is filled.
Sierra Club is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Ohio Chapter Miami Group Sierra Club, 2230 Victory Parkway, Suite 4, Cincinnati, Ohio 45206