- Blue Green Alliance (1)
- Canoe & Kayak Schools (1)
- Conservation News (71)
- Eastern Corridor (14)
- Fracking (6)
- Innings & Events (39)
- Latest Newsletter (1)
- Memorials (1)
- Misc. (44)
- MSD News (19)
- non-Sierra Club Events/News (16)
- Outings News (6)
- Political Action (9)
- Retreat (3)
- Service Projects (2)
- Smart Enegy Solutions (7)
- Top Story (1)
- Transportation (17)
- Zero Waste (2)
- County, city fighting over sewers again
- Duke spills oil into Ohio River at Beckjord Power Plant
- September 2nd Inning: Geology of the Cincinnati Area
- Changing Course – Shift Change
- UrbanCincy speaks out against over-spending on highways
- National Chairman of the Sierra Club Wilderness Committee presents to the Cincy Audubon Society
- Kings Run Sewer Overflow Update from MSDGC
- Annual Picnic Sunday August 10th
- Newtown pans “new SR 32 route”
- Citizens Hearing
The Miami Group of the Sierra Club has a long history of providing backpack opportunities for people of all skill levels. We offer weekend overnights to nearby trails as well as multi-night trips.
We offer beginner trips for those who think they may be interested but lack the experience or equipment. These tend to be short (3-5 miles a day) and close to home. If someone is in need of equipment, we generally have some to lend.
For the more experienced hikers, we offer overnights and multi-night trips. These are typically further from home and longer (6-10 miles per day). Some of the trips are base camp trips, where we hike to a base camp and day hike from there.
We suggest that you be careful when choosing to participate and make sure the trip is right for you. The trips published in the Happenings and in the calendar have a difficulty rating at the end of the title. There is a number from 1-4 with 1 being the easiest and 4 the most difficult. This information along with communication with the leader should help you decide whether the trip is right for you.